Yag is now on 2 million servers! Wahoooooooooooo!
<:pog:842260542479532042> pinging because Jonas forgot
YAGPDB Project update
There's been a while since last update announcement so i thought i'd do a project update post summarizing everything going on currently.
Just because there hasn't been many feature additions does not mean that there hasn't been any work on yags, just keeping a bot as big and as dynamic and flexible as this alive takes a very large amount of work, discord is a constantly changing platform and every tiny change they make could ripple and affect large bots with unintended side effects (this has happened so many times). There has been almost 500 commits since the last update post.
Notable changes since last update post:
- An onboarding process to ease adding the bot onto new servers
- Slash commands integration for yags has been released!
- Control panel logs was revamped completely
- Proper message logs access control, by default only accessible to server members
- Massive amounts of work into scaling the bot
- A bunch of custom command/template stuff, you can find more about that in the docs!
As for whats being currently worked on:
- A new dashboard, you might think the current one is fine but boy, if you have looked at the code you know how much spaghetti the web portion of it is.
- Working my way through the pull request backlog, i was caught up in a bunch of other work and didn't review pull requests for a year but I'm back to reviewing and accepting pull requests again now!
- A bunch of scaling work, fixing and debugging bugs and so on...
And finally i want to thank the support staff for keeping everything running on this side of things!
Breaking change: leave messages can no longer call
Sorry for the 2 pings, someone used a bug to ping everyone twice ||or did they <:yeJonas:786998131723206676>, of course it is an april fool hehe||
yag is shutting down for good!
april fools or something idk calendars
Change to ticket system: Tickets no longer inherit perms of the category they was created in, this is because a "recent" change discord made kinda broke that feature unless you gave the bot admin perms, it will hopefully get re-enabled in the near future.
As you might know, yagpdb is part of botlabs.gg and we just now opened up a server for everyone to join and follow the development of all our bots and to see who's involved and whatnot, here's the link in case you want to join https://discord.gg/RK7sESU
Deprecation of server stats
With discord adding server insights for servers with over 500 members i no longer see a point in maintaining the super heavy feature in yags that is server stats, therefor this will be the last month server stats will work, next month i will be removing it entirely. So if you're subscribed to the patreon for the longer stats, you should cancel your subscription this month.
As a side effect this should help with the random lag spikes you might have been seeing lately, i might turn off recording of new stats sooner than the end of the month.
YAGPDB has officially surpassed 1,000,000 servers!! <:SpaghettiJesus:380801557438005248> <:SpaghettiJesus:380801557438005248> <:SpaghettiJesus:380801557438005248>
MAYBEEE.... we'll do something special to celebrate. Keep an eye out 👀
To add this bot to your server, click login in the upper right corner, then afterwards select it in the "select server" dropdown up top.
Make sure you have manage server permissions and that you are logged into the right account.
Afterwards, explore a little to get familiar with the interface and the features it provides.
If you stumble into any issues and need help, join the support server.
Patreon tiers above 3$ will grant you premium slots you can assign to servers, see the premium page for more info.